Friday 2 September 2016

Last 10 things seen at the theatre: #096

3rd August to 1st September.


List the last 10 things you saw at the theatre in order:
1. 946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips (Shakespeare's Globe)
2. The Threepenny Opera (National; Olivier)
3. Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour (National; Dorfman)
4. The Truth (Wyndham's)
5. The Plough and the Stars (National; Lyttelton)
6. Faith Healer (Donmar Warehouse)
7. 946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips (Shakespeare's Globe)
8. The Deep Blue Sea (National; Lyttelton)
9. Fury (Soho Theatre)
10. The Rivals (Theatre by the Lake)

Who was the best performer in number one (946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips)?
I mean it's probably Katy Owen. They were all great and worked together so well as an ensemble, but even so.

Why did you go to see number two (The Threepenny Opera)?
I'll see anything for a £15 front stalls ticket.

Can you remember a line/lyric from number three (Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour) that you liked?
No. I remember there were plenty I liked, but I only had five minutes in which to rush out of the Dorfman and up the eighty flights of stairs to the Olivier so I didn't really have any time to let anything sink in or try to find a playtext. I might read the original novel though.

What would you give number four (The Truth) out of ten?
Fffffffff. Production was fine, writing was... fine? I don't know, there are more interesting plays than four people having affairs with each other and trying not to let the truth out. I don't know if I can really go over 6 personally, but the rest of the audience sounded like they'd've given it a solid 8 at least from all the raucous laughter and scandalised gasps.

Was there someone hot in number five (The Plough and the Stars)?
Nope. Not at all.

What was number six (Faith Healer) about?
The play Faith Healer is a play by Brian Friel that is about a faith healer.

Who was your favourite actor in number seven (946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips)?
I'm not entirely sure about the man-bun, but I was otherwise delighted to have Chris Jared back in my life for the duration of a play, especially with such an array of musical instruments at his fingertips.

What was your favourite bit in number eight (The Deep Blue Sea)?
There was a scene where Tom Burke, a former Globe Romeo, was on stage with Adetomiwa Edun, another former Globe Romeo, and one of them made a reference to Romeo himself, and I had a bit of a quiet chuckle to myself. Sometimes I amuse myself far more than a play amuses me.

Would you see number nine (Fury) again?
Definitely. I'd recommend it to all and sundry too, if it hadn't been the final performance.

What was the worst thing about number ten (The Rivals)?
Theatres should be forced to choose between 3 hour running times or 8pm curtain times. To have both is an immense cruelty to audiences.

Which was best?
Either Fury or 946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips.

Which was worst?

Did any make you cry?
946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips definitely did.

Did any make you laugh?
Again, definitely 946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips. Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour did as well, aaand I think that's it.

Which roles would you like to play in any of them?
If I had a decent Scottish accent, I'd love to get involved with Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour. As I don't, I'd love to get involved with 946 - The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips. (HEY GUYS GUESS WHICH OF THESE TEN NINE IS MY FAVOURITE.)

Which one did you have best seats for?
Front row centre was had for The Deep Blue Sea. I'm still not entirely sure how I managed it, but I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment